As we come closer to 2022 and companies are finalizing their marketing strategies for the year, many are increasing their focus on video. Video can be used across all channels and consistently proves to be one of the highest converting forms of media.
If you’re looking to fill the gaps in your content plan for next year, and need an extra special ingredient, then video might be what you need. Video can boost not only engagement but also conversion rates and ROI.
We’ve pulled together 15 statistics to show the power of video content and how you can optimize it, along with a handy infographic below.
Video Content Is Supreme
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than those who don’t use video
- An 80% conversion rate increase can be achieved by having a video on your landing page
- 82% of consumer internet traffic will be made up of online video consumption by 2022
- 87% of video marketers report that video gives them positive ROI
- Videos that are two minutes or less get the most engagement
How Are People Watching Video Content?
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when it is consumed through video
- 72% of consumers prefer learning about a product or service through video
- Users spend 88% more time browsing on websites that have video content
- Including the word “video” in email subject lines can increase open rates by 6%
Ensure a User-Friendly Video Experience
- More than 75% of all videos are played on mobile devices
- 92% of consumers watch videos with the sound off; be sure to include captions
- 75% of users prefer watching video horizontally on their mobile device
- 25% of users prefer watching video vertically on their mobile device
Speak Your Customer’s Language
- Almost 90% of consumers won’t consider buying from an English website if they don’t speak or can’t read English
- 75% of internet users prefer to read product information in their native language